Friday 26 February 2010

Giddy stratospheres

So kitten heels are replacing vertiginous spikes are they? Not on my watch.

I love an improbable heel, the more jawdropping the better. I still moon after those Chanel gun heels, and in an attempt to move on from the McQueen/Gaga shoes that I posted about a few days ago and will never ever get to wear... I stumbled across the work of Chau Har Lee, as documented by Susie Bubble recently.



Magnifique!

The heel-less heel is a much-done thing, yet this feels fresh and jawdropping.

As some shoes look blissfully comfortable, and others make one recoil in horror about how painful they must be to hobble about in... these fill me with curiosity. I can't imagine what it feels like to wear a shoe like this!



Perhaps it is beautifully supportive.



Perhaps it would leave indents and stripes across my feet for days.



I long to find out!

7 comments:

Make Do Style said...

Ah so you are blogging again!!
Welcome back xxx

Gen Williams said...

I am indeed! I have the time to do it now. Hooray! Happy to get back into the blogging scene, and looking for some lovely new blogs to follow!

xx

The Spicers said...

I love a crazy sculptural shoe.

Gen Williams said...

Me too! I find all these forecasts of the death of the crazy shoe and the usurping kitten heel quite depressing. What's wrong with foot sculpture, if you can walk comfortably in it?

Anonymous said...

this is amazing!!

xoxo
mycherrygum.blogspot.com

tshops said...

Hi! Great site. Would love to tell you about shopittome.co.uk, a new site so you can find McQueen, H&M, and more on sale in your size! And invite you to become a Trendsetter on our site (www.shopittome.com/trendsetters). Email me at trendsetters@shopittome.com for more info! -Tamra

THE DIVINITUS said...

wow, indeed very sculptural.